Disclaimer: Somewhere on this blog are multiple grammatical mistakes, spelling errors and obscure Star Wars references.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bleagh... Life just caught up with me...

Ever since just before my post on the American dialect, I seemed to have enough time for a lot of things, if not everything. You know, those moments when you seem to have life under control and you know exactly what's gonna happen tomorrow and the day after and the day after that even. Well, all of that ended for me around that long ago.

A good friend of mine asked me something the other day. He asked, "Mali man, why haven't you posted anything on your blog? I'm WAITING to comment!"

What struck me then was that I was doing the exact same thing that I had done to all my other blogs / diaries / personal memory things. I was beginning to *God Forbid!* lose interest. And I thought to myself that I couldn't afford to lose interest in this for two reasons.

1) I had put a lot of work into this and I don't want to see it go to waste.
2) I made that little promise in my very first post that I would not let this site fade.

Eniwhoo I plan to make up for the lack of posts by explaining exactly what's been going on ever since to possibly try and justify the lack of activity on this blog. For those of you who noticed, the QOTD was not changed for a few days at a time for some time. But now however I have resumed actively updating it and I will do my best to keep it going.

Lately I've felt that there's never enough time to do all the things you need and want. You either do those that you need to be done. Or you do those that you want to be done. And normally the things that you need to be done are the important life-depending ones. The things that you want to be done are the fun ones. So, as you can tell, it's a tough call to make. Obviously I chose the things I want to be done. Now I'm paying the price.

Math is going way, way, way, way, waaaaaaaaaay over my head. Integrals and forces and coefficients and bits and yeeeeaarrrggghh. That's one of the things that I needed done and I didn't do. So now I'm cracking up the books at home, burning that midnight oil. Another thing that fell upon my head allofasudden was my English Coursework. A week ago I knew almost nothing about what I was doing, and as of 5 minutes ago, I've got down around 1,500 words already and have another 1,000 or so words to go. Odds are I'm gonna overshoot the limit and gonna have to cut down once I'm done. The scary bit is that at times I actually enjoy doing Math and English. C4 & M1 get more and more challenging and as you finish a problem correctly it's the most ultimate boost to your ego. Analysing Francis Bacon's Essay on Love seemed to be inane and mundane at first but is actually interesting and appealing now.

Life works in strange ways. Ways that I'm guessing were never meant for those who live it to fathom. And I think it's best that we leave trying to figure out how life works, and get on with living life. I guess the moment that I actually sat down to seriously start doing the things that need to be done, everything seemed to fall into place. Maybe that's the way that life works. Or maybe I'm just being over-optimistic and something bad is gonna happen tomorrow.

Meh, we'll find out I guess...

xx

M


No comments: