Disclaimer: Somewhere on this blog are multiple grammatical mistakes, spelling errors and obscure Star Wars references.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Rebirth

Hello All!

Well this isn't the first time I've tried to maintain a blog... If I had to count it would be the 10th or 15th time I've tried to keep a blog running...But recent turn of circumstances have made me wonder why it's more probable than not.

Circumstance #1:
A friend of mine. His vocabulary when around us falls into 4 basic words. Gay, Noob, Mother & F***. But he recently asked me to read up his MSN space so I did. What I found was nothing out of the ordinary. His command of English, at least written English, was at par with the greats. Although his spoken English left a lot to be desired. So it made me wonder how easily one could portray
true character on a web page.

Circumstance #2:
Some errors that I committed, not
completely in ignorance, made me regret them and made me mend my ways... So far at least. So, for some reason, an online abode seemed a good getaway from what happens outside my Etisalat connection.

Circumstance #3:
Google bought YouTube off Chad Hurley and Steve Chen for $1.65 Billion. $1.65 BILLION. What the hell.

Circumstance #4:
*scenario with friends*
mali: What am I the ONLY guy with no blog?!


So those amongst others were good reasons to start a blog myself... So I went about it with quite some vigor. When I finally reached the, "Name your blog" page I chose the tag line, "Boldly Going Nowhere.." I thought it emphasized a lot of things in life...especially mine... Also because that was what was written on the Universal Studios T-shirt that I happened to be wearing right then.... Unfortunately some other bloke already used taht as his Blog URL so I decided on something else...

For the link I thought of, "withoutamap" . I thought it went well with the tag line. Unfortunately somebody else already took that along with my originality. So I turned to the 21st century. Who uses Maps? GPS. The solution offered by people with too much knowledge, willpower, effort etc etc... And a lot of time apparently...

Anyway... Let's hope this is something that I can keep running without lazying out of anytime soon.

happy blogging...

xx

No comments: